The Deeds of the Disturber - Elizabeth Peters I didn't enjoy this book as much as others in the series. Amelia got on my ever-loving nerves. She's so arrogant and highhanded - more so than normal. And poor Ramses never got to finish a complete sentence as Amelia was always shushing him. For some reason, Amelia and Emerson allowed Amelia's long lost brother (lost for a reason) to dump his two kids on them for the summer. Percy was irritating and a ass-kisser while Violet ate every sweet in sight and mumbled "dead, dead dead" or "nasty, nasty, nasty" repeatedly. I sincerely hope these two don't make a guest appearance in any future books.

I did like the mystery and the addition of the reporters. They provided a little reprieve from Amelia's shenanigans. I hope that Amelia, Emerson and Ramses return to Egypt in [b:The Snake, the Crocodile & the Dog|157857|The Snake, the Crocodile & the Dog (Amelia Peabody, #7)|Elizabeth Peters|http://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1327281210s/157857.jpg|902139].