A Feast for Crows - George R.R. Martin Let me start my review how GRRM ended this book...
”Hey, wait a minute!” some of you may be saying about now. “Wait a minute, wait a minute! Where’s Dany and the dragons? Where’s Tyrion? We hardly saw Jon Snow. That can’t be all of it. Well, no. There’s more to come. Another book as big as this one."

His brilliant plan was to split this massive novel into two and instead of using the time frame to decide where to split it, he just took out half the characters...the good ones! And not only left the lame-ass characters but added a few new lame-asses. Does this mean that the events in [b:A Dance With Dragons|10664113|A Dance With Dragons (A Song of Ice and Fire, #5)|George R.R. Martin|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1327885335s/10664113.jpg|2936175] are going to occur during the same time frame as this one or afterwards? That will be mighty confusing.

This book was harder to slog through than the first three put together as all my favorite characters were missing and the ones left were just plain old boring. Very little of any import happens. Heck I think GRRM could have paraphrased the entire book into a prologue for [b:A Dance With Dragons|10664113|A Dance With Dragons (A Song of Ice and Fire, #5)|George R.R. Martin|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1327885335s/10664113.jpg|2936175]. Hey if he can use ravens to impart important details, why can't he use the same method for most of this book. I honestly had to force myself to pick up this book each and every day though I had more difficulty forcing myself to read more than 50 pages at a time. It was just mind-numbingly boring and repetitive. I was thrilled when I read the final word just so I could move on to a hopefully more exciting adventure with Dany, Jon Snow, Tyrion and Bran.

The only things I liked about this book were Jamie's story (he's slowly redeeming himself in my eyes), Brienne's story (though at time this bored me to tears) and crazy Cersei's downfall (boy was I routing for that.) I also liked Arya (though I can't figure out what the heck she's doing as Cat) and Sansa (though she creeped me out everytime she called Petyr father.) The rest of the book, GRRM could have kept to himself. I like Samwell too but his portions were incredibly boring and filled with barfing and crying. Yeah that I could have done without.