The Miserable Mill - Lemony Snicket The Baudelaire orphans are extremely rich and Count Olaf (a complete stranger) wants that money! He will do anything to make this happen as the orphans have found out in the last three books. In this episode, he tricks the child welfare guy, Mr. Poe into leaving the kids at the Lucky Smells Lumbermill where they must toil from dawn til dusk for their bread...er gum. (Yes they get gum for lunch and coupons for pay and a disgusting casserole for dinner.)

Violet, being the inventor, is always able to get them out of sticky spots with her inventions. Kalus is the booksmart one though and he is able to research his way out of bad situations while Sunny, the baby, just bites people (she apparently has 4 very very sharp teeth!).

Another wretched adventure for the Baudelaires. This is a cute series for the very young as lots of dastardly things are done to the poor orphans. Kind of horror-lite. I pick these up every once in a while for a little light reading. These children are anything but lucky and due to Count Olaf's shenanigans, they are off to [b:The Austere Academy|131123|The Austere Academy (A Series of Unfortunate Events, #5)|Lemony Snicket|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1320706187s/131123.jpg|1165972]. Boy does that sound dire. Oh man what could Count Olaf and his goons possibly do to them at a boarding school. I guess we're going to find out.