The Siren Song (Cronus Chronicles, #2) - Anne Ursu, Eric Fortune Well after reading [b:The Shadow Thieves|332854|The Shadow Thieves (Cronus Chronicles, #1)|Anne Ursu|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1341558550s/332854.jpg|323387], I wasn't sure I was going to continue this series - it's just too childish. But once again I needed a "U" author so I figured what the heck. I enjoyed this one better than the first since there weren't as many mythology info dumps. Though mythology still plays a huge role.

In [b:The Shadow Thieves|332854|The Shadow Thieves (Cronus Chronicles, #1)|Anne Ursu|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1341558550s/332854.jpg|323387], Philonecron tried to overthrow Hades by stealing children's shadows and Charlotte and Zee stopped him. Now Philonecron is in the Upperworld and out for revenge against them. Philonecron just happens to be Poseidon's grandson. And Charlotte just happens to be going on a cruise. Uh oh. Danger, danger Will Robinson! I liked the fact that Charlotte and Zee weren't the perfect super heroes saving the world. They have family issues (like being grounded), school issues (like always being late for school), boyfriend/girlfriend issues (like falling for the new guy, Jason who isn't who he seems or getting tongue-tied around cute girls) and of course, having vengeful gods trying to kill them. They make mistakes that cost them dearly and are brash and reckless. All in all kind of ridiculous but cute and funny at times too. I will definitely read the conclusion and see which crazy god is after them in the final installment.