Host - Faith Hunter This is the third and some say, final book in the series and I still have trouble with the world building. It's so complex and religious that it just can't hold my attention long enough to figure out the dynamics.

After reading Seraphs (the second book), I had this thought "I enjoyed Bloodring but this book is way too religious for my tastes. It's God this, the High Host that, scripture left and right, and over-zealous religious leaders. It's way abstract and ambiguous and I keep losing focus as to what is really going on. I have to read the conclusion to hopefully tie up all the loose ends and explain a whole lot of stuff which I don't understand.

Well believe it or not, this was actually more religious than Seraphs which made it super hard for me to keep reading. And very few of the plot points were actually explained or concluded which leads me to believe that at some point, another book will be released concluding this series. However, I don't think I will be reading it. Don't get me wrong, I did enjoy the book and the ending was exciting though kind of abrupt and not real conclusive. I just don't think I can deal with another book with the escalating religious fervor that they contain. So for my purposes, this series i8s done and over all it was good but very confusing with things thrown into the mix that just don't make sense, like the mage-heat. If they couldn't act on mage-heat....then what exactly was the point of introducing that element?